Friday, September 22, 2006

Lost Season 2 was...

I LOVE TV shows on DVD...seriously. You should see my Netflix queue. It's ridiculous how many TV shows on DVD I have in there. Right now, I'm in the middle of Dead Zone season 4 and it's just 'ehh...' . So a friend at work lends me Lost Season 2 and I'm dropping whatever I'm doing to watch it.

There's a bit of a Lost club here at Blue Sky (it's more of an internal mailing list), where everyone gets together the night before, watches the show, and talks about it all day with the folks who weren't there. That's fine with me. After I plowed through Season 1 DVDs in 3.78 days, I thought it would be a good idea to just wait till the next box set to come out a year later. I cannot tell you how difficult it was to avoid all the talk, theories, and jibber-jabber about the show. But I did it!

Yeah I watched it...I watched THE HELL OUT OF IT! This took me a bit longer to finish than Season 1 just because of extra-curricular activities but it was finished...that's all that matters after all. It starts off kinda slow but halfway through escalates to introduce, do away with, and explain new/old/sporadic characters. The last episode has to be one of the best season closers I've ever seen...and I've seen alot. It's only leaving more questions and making me dread going through another year of people theorizing within earshot. But I'll do it, I suppose.

This show is tele-crack....watch at your own risk. 9/10

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you can wait a full year for the DVD's. The Puhala's do this as well. Crazy that's all I'm going to say. Well that and you're playing with fire. All you need is to be listening in on the wrong conversation then BAM, spoiled to the max! If you like TV so much get a Tivo box and watch it on your own time. Once you go Tivo you never go back.

    Season 3 starts next week I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fine with the DVD's...Netflix is fine for now. Tivo seems like too much of a commitment right now. Ya gotta remember, I fight crime at night as a vigalante.

    And I'm training to be the worlds best bull-fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find the time to breath?

    ReplyDelete
  4. justice is my respirator, andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess Saville9/23/2006 11:41 AM

    I guess you'll be eatting PB&Js at your desk every Thursday for the next 6 months. I'm looking forward to Season 3 starting, but I hope they start resolving some things. I should probably rent Season 2 in preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe this week is a LOST recap in case you are new to the show, as well as a reairing of the Season 2 finale.

    This season they are going to run a bunch of episodes..stop until next year, and then run the rest to prevent there being so much damn lag time between new episodes....

    ReplyDelete